Covid-19 - Further Information
Further information regarding local services and support can be found on the documents and links below.
- Covid Info Mirfield
- Education during Closure Policy April 20
- Kirklees services for parents
- Methodist Councillors Offer
- Parenting courses Kirklees
- PDAP Domestic abuse
- Pennine Domestic Abuse Partnership LIVE CHAT
- Risk assessment full school opening Sept 2020
- School child isolation guide for parents COVID 19 CM3427 3
WELCOME CENTRE UPDATE- Food Bank
The Welcome Centre offer the following items by referral: (10am-4pm, M-F, 01484 340034)
· Food parcels (to suit available cooking facilities and dietary requirements)
· Toiletry packs (soap, toilet rolls, toothbrush & toothpaste, razors, deodorant & shaving foam and sanitary items)
· Cleaning Pack (Washing up liquid, dish cloth, sponge and J-Cloths)
· Towels Pack (bath, hand and flannel)
· Pair of Curtains (limited sizes available)
· Duvet Quilt (new or clean and washed)
· Bedding Pack (Duvet cover and sheet + pillowcases)
· Pillow (1 for single, 2 for double bed)
· PAT tested kettle and Toaster (if available)
· Home Starter Pack (Crockery, cutlery and pans, can opener, sharp knife, tea towels, laundry powder)
Health Start voucher application forms and Healthy Start vitamins.
Healthy Start vouchers application form and Healthy Start vitamins,
These will automatically be added to food parcels for any one referred to us who is pregnant or with a child between the ages of 0 – 4.
Healthy Start Vouchers
Pregnant women get one Healthy Start voucher a week worth £3.10
Babies under the age of one get two vouchers a week worth a total of £6.20
Children aged over one and under four get one voucher a week worth £3.10.
Vouchers are posted out every four weeks. They can be spent on milk, plain fresh or frozen fruit and vegetables (fruit and vegetables with nothing added), or infant formula milk in a wide variety of local shops and supermarkets and with milkmen that have registered to take part in the scheme.
Healthy Start vitamins
Healthy Start vitamins contain vitamins A, C and D for children aged from birth to four years, and folic acid and vitamins C and D for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
01484 51 50 86 or 07947 589 146
The Welcome Centre, 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield. HD1 1QA